LOCAL FAMILY MAN,
DECORATED MARINE CORPS COMBAT VET,
EXCITED TO SERVE OUR COUNTRY AGAIN!
– MARINE: Enlisted at 17 yrs old. Attended Boot Camp at Parris Island
– COMBAT, OPERATIONS, EXPERIENCE: Marine Corps Infantry Officer
Afghanistan, Iraq, 1st Gulf War, Panama, Gitmo, Korea, Africa
– BROKEN TIME: Worked in NY. Voluntarily returned to serve after 9/11
– RETIRED: Lt.Colonel, 25 years
– DECORATIONS: Bronze Star, Joint Comm (x2), Navy/Marine Comm (x5), Navy/Marine Achievement, Combat Action (x2)
– Great Neck South HS: Undefeated Quarterback, Artist
– Syracuse University: BS Speech Comm/ Political Science
– Harvard Business School: MBA, Elected Class Co-President
– Legislative Affairs: Special Operations Command, Capitol Hill
– Congressional Liaison: Supreme Allied Commander Europe
– Congressional Affairs: US Marine Corps, Pentagon
– BORN & RAISED: Nassau County, Long Island, NY
– VOLUNTEER: Special Olympics, Junior Achievement, Coach
– FAMILY: Wife, Beth. Daughter, Avery. Crazy Yellow Lab, Murphy!
“YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH”
– Appeared in “A Few Good Men” with Tom Cruise & Jack Nicholson, and in “House of Cards” with Kevin Spacey.
Born and raised on Long Island, Gurfein departed for U.S. Marine Corps Boot Camp before high school graduation.
However, prior to departing, Gurfein left some positive and indelible memories with the school and his classmates. Besides enthusiastically befriending all, regardless of clique, he personally redesigned the school’s mascot and led the transition away from the school’s association with the Confederate Flag. Additionally, as the quarterback, Gurfein inspired the football team to record its first and only undefeated season.
After Marine Corps basic training, Gurfein attended and graduated from Syracuse University with a BS in Speech Communication and Political Science and was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S Marine Corps.
Gurfein served throughout the world as an Infantry Officer: Leading Marines in Panamanian jungles (Operation Just Cause), Saudi Arabian deserts (Desert Shield/Desert Storm), and on the fence-line at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Gurfein left active duty to attend Harvard Business School, where he was elected class Co-President and was awarded his MBA. He initiated his business career at Goldman, Sachs on Wall Street and then went on to serve as COO for a high-tech start-up in Israel and then as National Sales Manager for MV Sport/Weatherproof, a premium sports apparel company on Long Island.
However, when the Islamists attacked on 9/11, Gurfein abandoned his business career path and voluntarily returned to active duty to serve our Nation. Gurfein saw combat action in both Afghanistan and Iraq and then served as Congressional Liaison for the Supreme Allied Commander – Europe and Legislative Affairs for the Special Operations Command on Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
With 25 combined years of service and his Daughter on the way, Gurfein retired as a Lieutenant Colonel to focus on being a Father.
Gurfein also reengaged his business interests as Vice President for a Five-Diamond resort in Las Vegas; CEO of a defense contracting company; Partner in a business development consulting firm; and presently, President of a health & wellness business and a Board Member for an amphibious light sport aircraft manufacturing business.
Gurfein has volunteered with Special Olympics and Junior Achievement and coaches his daughter’s soccer teams.
Gurfein is happily married to Beth, his best friend, and has: one amazing Daughter, Avery; an incredibly dynamic 91 year old Mother, Vivien; and one crazy Yellow Labrador, Murphy!
Of special note, and most interesting to some, is the fact that Gurfein was actually the one who prevented Jack Nicholson from assaulting Tom Cruise in the feature film, “A Few Good Men” and the show “House of Cards.”
To hear more, please listen to Hugh Hewitt’s initial interview with David at https://www.youtube.com/watch?